Set ambitious and achievable targets for zero-emission vehicle deployment
List of participants will be added in due course
International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT)
-Accelerate the adoption of zero-emission vehicles (electric, plug-in hybrid, and fuel cell vehicles
-Governments announced that they will strive to make all passenger vehicles sales in their jurisdictions ZEVs by no later than 2050 and to collaboration on policies and actions to achieve their ZEV targets.
- Unlocks GHG reductions of over 125 million tons CO2 per year in 2030, and over 1.5 billion tons CO2 per year in 2050, in climate change mitigation when including lifecycle impact of electric vehicles
Roadmap and work plan
- Governments actively working on designing and assessing current electric vehicle policy instruments
-The governments meet regularly to support their ongoing policy and technology developments in the respective jurisdictions and direct new work to establish global best practices to support ZEVs.
- Recruitment of additional governments; established website to publicize activities
- Governments commission and guide research to improve electric vehicle policy, incentives, and infrastructure activities
- Released 2 reports and announcements at LPAA event in COP21
International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT), 1225 I St NW, Suite 900, Washington, DC USA 20005